Wednesday 9 September 2015

le mercredi 9 septembre

Thank you to parents and students for their great effort in returning the permission forms so I can start making this blog a bit more of an interesting read.  


Today, I started with 7B in the health curriculum. Some students found it a bit overwhelming copying sentences in french but you could see their confidence grow as we started reviewing them together. It's amazing how much they can understand by pulling words they might recognize from English. We call this using our "mots amis". 7B also started their "projet de nom" where they draw their name and six things that define who they are. they then need to label it using the appropriate article and noun. I did a mini lesson on "les articles" and "les adjectifs possessifs" to help them with their project. We also went over some basics like the french alphabet and did some more review of important classroom expressions. 


7H has almost finished their name projects but we didn't get much further today as we only had one class together. I look forward to continuing with them tomorrow.  


I had a great start with 8C today discussing my classroom expectations and talking a bit about the blog. After I handed out the text book there wasn't much time to do anything else, but I can't wait to get started on the first module tomorrow. Students will be starting the year learning about Cells, tissues, organs and systems. We will start by asking ourselves "what is science" and looking over the scientific method. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment